Student travel grants for IEEE DySPAN 2019 are available from NSF.
Each student will be awarded a flat amount of $750 to cover his or her travel expenses such as airfare, registration, and lodging, etc. The students can only use US-flag carriers. Applications for travel grants will be submitted via e-mail to the Student Grant chair (see below) by Oct 20, 2019 and should include his/her vita, a personal statement, and a supporting letter from the student’s advisor:
- The personal statement should include:
- Title of accepted paper (if any)
- A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date;
- A description of areas reflected in the IEEE DySPAN 2019 program that would impact the student’s research and career.
- Why the conference attendance is important to the student.
- A recommendation letter from the student’s advisor including the following:
- Confirmation that the student is a graduate student in good standing at an accredited institution in the United States;
- The suitability of the IEEE DySPAN 2019 program material to the student’s research interest;
- Other benefits the student would derive from attending the conference
- The strengths and potential of the student;
- Availability (or lack thereof) of travel funds for the student from NSF or other funding sources and a plan for how the student can get support to cover expenses beyond the travel grant.
The notification date is October 25, 2019.
Application Deadline: October 20, 2019
Notification Deadline: October 25, 2019
NSF Grants:To qualify, a student must be studying in an accredited U.S. institution at the time of attending DySPAN. We encourage first-time attendees who do not have an accepted paper and under-represented groups (women, minorities and people with disabilities), who do not need to have an accepted paper. Undergraduates and beginning graduate students will be strongly encouraged to apply.
Student travel grant chair:
Xiaonan Guo, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, email@example.com
To apply, you need to send an email to the travel grant chair. A mandatory requirement is that you should include the following text in the email subject: "[DySPAN19 Student travel grant application] Student name"